If you are shopping for the best rain boots, you have come to the right place. Here, we'll give you a complete guide to the best rain boots to buy, as well as how to choose the right ones for you. So, let's dive in!
Going outside in the rain can be a very cold and wet task, especially when you aren't dressed for the weather. While a raincoat helps keep most of your body dry, we often neglect our feet when it comes to dressing for the rain.
Because our feet are the first body parts to get cold when out in cold weather, it is important that you choose the proper footwear. Rain boots are one of the best footwear options to wear during a rainstorm, hence the name.
Best Rain Boots
Hunter Original Tall Rain Boots
- Each pair is handcrafted from 28 individual parts
- Fully waterproof
- Textile lined to deliver exceptional fit & comfort
- Original calendared outsole offers high-traction across rough terrain
- Crafted from natural vulcanised rubber
When it comes to choosing a pair of durable rain boots, you can't go wrong with the Hunter Original Tall. They are designed to keep your feet dry and warm. Hunter rain boots come in men, women, and kid sizes.
Keep in mind that they are much more expensive compared to other rain boot options. However, their high-quality rubber makes them worth the extra dollars.
UGG Rain Boots
UGG is a popular American footwear company that is known for selling footwear that is warm, comfortable, and high-quality. While you may picture leather boots when you think of the brand UGG, UGG also sells rain boots.
Surprisingly, UGG boots are not too expensive. In fact, they are much cheaper than many other popular footwear brands. Similar to their winter boots, UGG's rain boots are lined with sheepskin. This makes them both comfortable and very warm to wear.
In addition to the sheepskin, they are also made of durable weather. Keep in mind that UGG boots tend to run big, so you may want to order these rain boots in one size down from the size that you normally get.
Also, keep in mind that these rain boots are not the easiest to get on and off. Besides these cons, UGG is a great brand to buy from and their rain boots are high-quality.
Forever Young Rain Boots
- Enjoy rainy weather in style ladies waterproof prints and plaid rain boots. Great for gardening, camping, trail hikes for spring, summer and fall seasons.
- Water resistant rain boots for women /w soft cotton lining, removable insole & slip-resistant tread soles will keep you protected from rain & mud
- Whatever you call them - wellies, galoshes, rainboots, your feet are sure to stay dry while exploring puddles or gardening in these womens rainboots.
- These full rubber rainboots 11" heigh & have calf circumference approximately 15 inches w/ adjustable buckle. Slip on & off with ease.
- Our cute women's wellies come in many prints & plaids in sizes 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and run half a size large to accommodate a thick sock.
Looking for cheap yet durable rain boots? Look no further than Forever Young. Forever Young sells rain boots designed to keep your feet dry and comfortable. They have good traction, making them a great option for snowy and muddy climates.
In addition to this, Forever Young rain boots are easy to clean. Simply wipe them down with a wet cloth and they'll look brand new. Keep in mind that these rain boots tend to run large and wide. Try selecting them in a size down from the size you normally take.
Overall, Forever Young rain boots are a good option. They are inexpensive, durable, and comfortable.
Sloggers Rain Boots
- Includes Sloggers' exclusive "All-Day-Comfort insole for maximum comfort.
- Heavy-duty lug tread for excellent traction.
- Fit info: Whole sizes only. Fits true to size. Half sizes order up. For a perfect fit, search for the Sloggers Half Sizer insole (style 330BK, ASIN B000KMA9X6). Height: 10.5" Circumference: 15"
- Hose off or wipe with wet cloth. Removable insole, soak and air dry to clean. For replacement insoles order direct from Sloggers.
- Made in USA from 100% recyclable material. Non latex. Vegan friendly
Do you want a pair of fashionable rain boots? If the answer is yes, then Sloggers is the brand to go to. Sloggers designs boots in bright, colorful, and creative designs. From flowers to polka dots to chickens, these colorful rain boots are very attractive. But that isn't their only nice feature.
Sloggers are also weatherproof, easy to clean, and made in the USA. They are also vegan-friendly, making them a great choice if you want cruelty-free products. Because Sloggers come in so many different colors and patterns, you are guaranteed to find a design that you like.
Kamik Rain Boots
Once again, this is another rain boot brand that is high-quality and popular. Kamik rain boots are designed to be durable and weatherproof. Whether you're walking through a puddle or slush, these rain boots will keep your feet dry.
They have good traction, making them a good choice for snowy and muddy climates. Keep in mind that some customers mentioned that it can be difficult to get these boots on and off.
The more you use them, they should become easier to get on, but getting them off may still remain a challenge. Other than that, Kamik rain boots are definitely a good choice.
Joules Rain Boots
- The boots might have white wax film may appear on the surface of the rubber boots and that it can be wiped off with a damp cloth. This "blooming" effect is not a defect. Blooming is caused when the boots are exposed to extreme temperatures or temperature swings and the wax helps prevent the rubber from weathering.
This is another rain boot brand that is high-quality and popular. Joules Rain Boots are designed to be durable and weatherproof. Whether you're walking through a puddle or slush, these rain boots will keep your feet dry.
This "blooming" effect is not a defect. Blooming is caused when the boots are exposed to extreme temperatures or temperature swings and the wax helps prevent the rubber from weathering. The boots might have white wax film may appear on the surface of the rubber boots and that it can be wiped off with a damp cloth.
The more you use them, they should become easier to get on, but getting them off may still remain a challenge. Other than that, Joules Rain Boots are definitely a good choice.
Chooka Rain Boots
- WATERPROOF RUBBER | Our main goal is to combine fashion with function. That's why we make these boots with a textile upper and natural rubber material, which will provide waterproof ability while enhancing your wear due to the strong, durable abilities of rubber.
- HANDMADE CONSTRUCTION | Our boots undergo a handmade waterproof vulcanization process. This construction assists with strength and durability, as the seams are reinforced and weak spots reduced.
- EASY ON AND OFF | An adjustable strap with a buckle closure helps you get these boots on. This is perfect for the woman on the go! Additionally, they provide a unique accent that will make this boot stand out among a large crowd.
- COZY LINING, INSOLE | We use polyester/cotton blend lining that is soft to the touch and absorbs moisture. To cushion your feet, we use soft removable insoles that promise standing on your feet will no longer be a chore.
- TRACTION RUBBER OUTSOLE | Nobody likes slipping and falling in wet weather, so we help prevent these slippery issues by making our Waterproof Mid Rain Boot with a non-skid rubber outsole that gives some slip-resistance.
Nobody likes slipping and falling in wet weather, so we help prevent these slippery issues by making our Waterproof Mid Rain Boot with a non-skid rubber outsole that gives some slip-resistance.
They have waterproof rubber, making them a good choice for snowy and muddy climates. Keep in mind that some customers mentioned that it can be difficult to get these boots on and off.
The more you use them, they should become easier to get on, but getting them off may still remain a challenge. Other than that, Chooka Rain Boots are definitely a good choice.
Crocs Rain Boots
Want a pair of rain boots that are durable, lightweight, and comfortable? Look no further than Crocs rain boots. Crocs offer a variety of rain boot choices. Their rain boots are easy to get off and on.
Keep in mind that Crocs can be big, so you may want to order than in one size down. Although Crocs rain boots can be expensive, most customers agreed that it was worth the higher price. All in all, this is a great rain boot brand to try.
Muck Rain Boots
- Knee-high rain boot featuring contrast topline taping, pull-on loop, and logo plaque at side
- Mesh lining with friction-reducing ETC sockliner
- 3mm CR flex foam bootie with four-way stretch nylon
- Lightweight EVA foam outsole with rubber pods for traction and support
- 100% waterproof
If you want a warm pair of rain boots that are high-quality, Muck Boots are the way to go. While Muck winter boots work well in the rain, Muck Boots also sells rain boots. Unlike the winter boots,
Muck rain boots are designed for the wet weather instead of freezing temperatures. That said, Muck rain boots are still insulated to prevent your feet from getting cold. While Muck Boots are much more expensive, they are durable and high-quality.
They come in many different colors and styles. Overall, Muck rain boots are a good choice for rainy and muddy conditions.
Bogs Rain Boots
Bogs rain boots look similar to Muck Boots and are designed for the wet weather. They are more expensive than some rain boot brands, but they are durable. A nice feature is the little "handle" or hole on each side of the boot.
This makes it easy to get your boot on. These rain boots come in women, men, and children's sizes. They also come in many different colors and patterns. All in all, Bogs rain boots are a great brand to try.
Things To Consider When Buying Rain Boots
There are many important things to consider when shopping for the best rain boots. Comfort, ease of use, and style are all important factors that you should keep in mind when shopping for rain boots.
Because all rain boot brands are designed differently, you shouldn't assume that all rain boots are made alike. While one pair of rain boots may fit you comfortably in one size doesn't mean that another brand will.
Here are some important considerations to keep in mind when shopping for the best rain boots.
The first and most important consideration is how comfortable your rain boots are. If you'll be shopping for rain boots in person, then try them on before buying them. You should have enough room to wiggle your toes.
If you don't, then you should get a larger pair. If you'll be shopping for rain boots online, try to find a pair that gets good customer ratings on the comfort-ability. This is especially important if you plan on wearing your rain boots often.
If you plan on hiking in your rain boots or walking through the mud, then you'll want a pair of rain boots with good traction. Not only should there be traction at the bottom of your boot, but the kind of rubber your boots are made of should be durable.
But if you won't plan on hiking in rain boots, then a pair of rain boots with less traction will work.
Ease Of Use
Another important consideration is how easy it is to get your rain boots off and on. The rain boots should be able to slip on and off. However, they shouldn't be too loose to wear.
Some rain boots have little "handles" at the top of the boot, which makes it easy to pull the boot over your foot. These little holes allow you to slip your fingers into the boot and pull on it.
Where you live has an impact on the type of boots you choose to wear. If you live somewhere it rains often or stays muddy, a pair of rain boots may work well for you. But if you mostly deal with cold snow or dry weather, you may be interested in other types of shoes.
Also, the temperature in your location matters when choosing the best rain boots. If it is cold where you live, rain boots may not be warm enough for you. While rain boots are designed to keep the rain out, they sometimes aren't designed for insulating your feet.
That said, there are some rain boot options that are insulated. If you live in a cold climate, be sure to check out insulated rain boots.
While style isn't the most important consideration, it is still important that you choose a pair of rain boots that you like. Rain boots come in many different colors and designs. Be sure you choose a style you like so that you can feel proud about wearing your new pair of rain boots.
Why Do You Need Rain Boots?
One question that may pop into your mind is why are rain boots important. While it's obvious that rain boots are designed to be worn during the rain, there are many other benefits of rain boots.
Here are a few reasons why you may want to purchase rain boots.
Rain Boots Keep Your Feet Dry
The first reason why rain boots may be a good investment is that they keep your feet dry. It is never comfortable to have wet feet.
Not only is it uncomfortable to have wet feet, but wet feet can cause blisters and cracked skin. With rain boots, you won't have to worry about your feet getting wet in the rain.
Rain Boots Prevent You From Getting Muddy
Not only are rain boots good for the rain, but they are also beneficial to wear after the rain. Because rain makes the ground muddy, you can wear your rain boots to prevent your legs from becoming muddy.
This will save you time from washing your outfit, as rain boots are much quicker to wash than clothes.
Rain Boots Keep Your Feet Warm
Some rain boots are insulated, making them very warm to wear, whether it is raining, snowing, or simply cold. As you probably already know, the feet are one of the first body parts to get cold in cold weather.
When the body enters a colder area, blood vessels in the extremities, such as the hands and feet, will constrict. This reduces the blood flow to these areas, which, in turn, reduces the amount of heat the body loses.
As a result, more blood can flow in the more important body parts such as your organs. While this keeps your vital body parts warm, cold toes are uncomfortable and can even result in frostbite. However, with rain boots on, your feet are guaranteed to stay warm.
Rain Boots Are Fashionable
While fashion isn't as important as warmth, it is still fun to wear boots that look nice. Rain boots come in many different colors and patterns, which allows you to choose a design that fits your tastes.
From simple colors like black or blue, to creative designs like polka dots and flowers, the styles that rain boots come in are endless. So whether you're walking around town or doing intensive labor in the rain, you can know that you are wearing fashionable footwear.
I hope this article has helped you pick out a pair of best rain boots. There are many benefits to having a pair of rain boots, including that they keep your feet warm, dry, and comfortable in the rain.
Before shopping for the best rain boots, be sure to go over the considerations that I gave you in this article. These considerations will help you choose a pair of rain boots that are right for you.
Hopefully, after reading this article, you have found a pair of best rain boots that will fit your needs.