image source: Pexels
Do you enjoy writing in a journal? A journal can be used for so many things. You can use it for sketching, recording important information, and simply writing down your thoughts. If you are shopping for a journal, you may be interested in using a bullet journal. Bullet journals are unique because they have dots on the entire page. Today, we’ll take a look at the best bullet journal options on the market. Hopefully, this article helps you choose the best bullet journal to fit your needs. Let’s get started!
Things To Consider When Shopping For The Best Bullet Journal
image source: Pexels
There are many things to consider when shopping for the best bullet journal. From the size of the notebook to the quality of the paper, these considerations will help you choose a bullet journal that fits your needs. Below, let’s take a look at the top considerations to keep in mind when shopping for the best bullet journal.
1. What Size Do You Want Your Bullet Journal To Be?
The first consideration to ask yourself is what size you want your bullet journal to be. Some people enjoy pocket-sized bullet journals, while others prefer larger bullet journals. If you’d like a pocket-sized bullet journal, then an A6 bullet journal may work well for you. The most common size is A5, as well as A4. Decide what size bullet journal will work well for you.
2. How Thick And Smooth Do You Want The Paper To Be?
Another consideration to consider is how thick and smooth you want the pages of your bullet journal to be. The best bullet journal will have a smooth finish, high opacity, and minimal to no feathering. Feathering refers to when the ink spreads out on the page. The best way to measure the quality of the paper is to check the Grams per Square Meter. Grams per Square Meter is a basic measurement that shows the weight of the paper. There are many other ways to measure the quality of the paper, but this is one of the best ways. You’ll also want to consider the texture and the brightness of the paper when choosing a bullet journal.
3. What Design Would You Prefer Your Journal To Have?
Next, you’ll want to consider the design of your journal. Perhaps you want something with pretty designs on the cover. Or maybe you’d prefer a plain color with no extra designs. Make sure you choose a design that you really like. You may end up using this bullet journal for several years, so take the time to choose one that you like.
4. How Many Pages Do You Need?
How many pages you’ll need depends on how often you plan on using your bullet journal. Obviously, a bullet journal with more pages will last longer than a bullet journal with fewer pages. Consider how often you plan on writing in your journal. Will you be writing every day? Are you only using it to keep track of upcoming events, or are you writing long paragraphs every single day? Do you plan on using your bullet journal for sketching large designs? If you plan on writing or sketching a lot, it may be a good idea to choose a bullet journal with lots of pages. Therefore, you won’t need to buy a new bullet journal just after a few months of using it.
5. What Type Of Binding Do I Want?
Lastly, consider what type of binding you would like. There are lots of choices available. From case bound or spiral bound notebooks, from tread-stitched to glued notebooks, the options are endless. Consider if you like your notebooks to lay flat open or not. Spiral journals usually lay flat more, but you’ll have to deal with coils in between the pages. Decide what will work best for you.
How Do I Use A Bullet Journal?
image source: Pexels
Using a bullet journal is similar to using a regular notebook. While it can be confusing to know how to use the bullets, it is actually very easy to write or sketch in a bullet journal. Here are some ideas for how you can use your bullet journal:
1. Write Down Upcoming Events
Bullet journals are great for writing down upcoming events. The bullets allow you to easily create lists, as well as draw lines around the dots to create little calendar boxes. If you need a journal to write down upcoming events, you may enjoy using a bullet journal.
If you enjoy sketching, then a bullet journal may be for you. It is very easy to sketch on a bullet journal, whether you’re using a pencil, markers, or watercolors. Make sure you choose the right paper for sketching in your bullet journal. It is recommended to get a bullet journal with thick pages and a smooth texture. It is especially important that the pages are thick if you plan on using watercolors.
3. Record Things That Are Happening In Your Life
If you enjoy writing down things that are happening in your life each day, then you may want to use a bullet journal. You can write down memories, goals, and important things that you’ll want to look back on in the future.
4. Use It As A Fitness Journal
If you workout a lot, you may enjoy using your bullet journal as a fitness journal. Bullet journals are great for keeping track of your fitness routine and fitness goals. By keeping track of your fitness life, you’ll feel be able to record your progress and feel motivated by your results.
Benefits Of Using A Bullet Journal
image source: Pexels
There are many benefits to using a bullet journal. Whether you use it to write down goals, sketch, or keep track of daily life, a bullet journal helps you stay organized and be creative. Let’s take a look at the top benefits of using a bullet journal.
1. You Stay Organized
A bullet journal allows you stay organized. Instead of writing to-do lists on your phone, calendar, refrigerator, and so on, you can keep all of your tasks in one place. The way a bullet journal is designed also allows you to write everything down in a neat order. Overall, a bullet journal is a great option if you need a place to write down all of your tasks, mental state, and goals.
2. No More Forgetting Your To-Do List
Have you ever gotten up in the morning and totally forgot what you had to do that day? Well, you won’t have to deal with that again with a bullet journal around. In your bullet journal, you can write down all of your tasks and even things like your shopping list. You can now go to sleep at night with a peace of mind, knowing that you have your entire to-do list for the next day written in your bullet journal.
3. Encourages Creativity
A bullet journal encourages you to be creative. Even if you don’t plan on sketching in your bullet journal, you can still be creative with how you write down your daily tasks. The dots on the page help you create charts to write in and keep your sentences even with one another.
4. You’ll Feel Motivated To Complete Your Tasks
Another benefit of writing down your goals and to-do list in a bullet journal is that you’ll feel motivated to complete your tasks. In your bullet journal, you can write down your goals for that day, week, month, or even the whole year. You can write down fitness goals, shopping lists, goals for work, and goals for your mental health.
Best Bullet Journal Options
image source: Pexels
Now that we have taken a look at considerations and reasons why you should get a bullet journal, it is time to take a look at the best bullet journal options available. As you scroll through these options below, remember to keep the considerations that I listed earlier in mind. With that being said, let’s start shopping!
- Hardcover Dotted Grid Journal: This journal focusing on easy and efficient planning, scheduling and organizing your successful life and you can use it for note-taking or painting and so on. This hardcover journal is the best choice for home, work office and family.
- Premium Thick Paper: This dotted grid journal features is made of durable faux leather hard cover and cream white paper. And the cream white paper can help prevent from damages of light as to keeping your note on the pages clearly.
- Effective Features: This dotted grid journal is in MINT hard cover, which provide a professional looking and the size of this journal is 5”x 8.25”so it’s very convenient for carrying or putting into/taking out of your backpack. Besides, there are 128 pages/64 sheets in this dotted grid journal, which provide you with plenty space for note-taking, planning or scheduling.
- Practical Design: The pages are dotted grid so you can take a reference at anytime when you want to make an excel or drawing anything. And there is no page numbered so you can arrange the whole page totally according to your mind. Besides, there is a bookmark in this dotted grid journal. And you can put it anywhere the note ending so it’s easy for you to continue next time. The journal also bonus an inner pocket on the back of it, to stash your card or little things.
- Package: This dotted grid journal is manually packaged with soft paper bag. And we check all details of the product before shipping to ensure that our customers can get what they do expect in perfect condition.
This bullet journal has acid-free paper, resulting in paper that is smooth to write on, thick enough to avoid bleeding, and it feels good to touch. The premium paper is off-white and protects your eyes from strain since it is made with natural materials. The size of this bullet journal is 5″X8.25″. It has 128 Pages (64 Sheets), so it is not too big but it will last a little while. The cover is made from 100% durable faux leather. Its sturdy design ensures that this journal will last for years to come. This journal has an elastic closure, ribbon bookmark, and an inner pocket. It will lay 180° flat so that you can easily write in this journal.
- INKPROOF PAPER: Medium (A5) notebooks have 80 gsm paper, which is equatable to 60lb stock, and has 249 numbered pages
- OPENS FLAT: This thread-bound notebook opens flat so you can write and draw at all angles without compromising the integrity of the spine
- ELASTIC CLOSURE BAND: Secure your content with the elastic enclosure band and inner gusseted pocket. Page marker is included for easy access to a specific page
- VARIOUS COLOR OPTIONS: The size and range of colours make them ideal companions for all walks of life. Includes 8 perforated sheets, a blank table of contents and a gusseted pocket
- QUALITY SINCE 1917: Experience and consistency are important requirements for quality. Quality gives ideas a solid foundation on which they can develop. We are convinced that small details can make a big difference
This bullet journal features numbered pages and a blank table of contents for easy organization and notes. This is a thread-bound notebook so it is designed to open flat. The paper is acid-free and ink proof. This helps make your writing experience even better. It features an expandable pocket inside the back cover, as well as a page marker and an elastic closure. It comes with stickers for labeling and archiving. This bullet journal has 249 numbered pages and 8 perforated pages. It measures 5.75 x 8.25 inches and is an A5 journal. The numbered pages are nice because you can easily find the pages you’re looking for, especially if you list the pages you refer to the most in the table of contents. All in all, this is a great bullet journal to try. It is designed to keep your notes organized and neat.
- DURABLE HARDCOVER JOURNAL - Touched comfortably, sturdy hard cover protects your art for years. The elastic pen loop is always available for your pen and kept well.
- LAY-FLAT 180° LARGECLASSIC NOTEBOOK - Let you reading more easy and note-taking efficiency. The tight band of journal keeps it securely closed. And firm binding ensures pages don't get peeled away from the cover. Enjoy your writing by hand with no distractions.
- 180 PAGES DOTTED BULLET JOURNAL - Thicker paper resistant to passionate artist. Dotted grid notebook helps guide your writings, stand out very clearly. Perfect for bullet journaling, compiling recipes, creative writing, planning a holiday, keeping track of your workouts, or just doodling and drawing.
- GREAT JOURNAL WITH EXPANABLE POCKET - Can hold business cards, notes, receipts and other small paper treasures. Awesome dividers presented help you mark important milestones and events.
- SPECIAL GIFT - Come with Lemome exquisite package, a perfect Birthday gift, Halloween gift, Christmas gift for yourself, families and friends.
The Lemome Dotted Bullet Notebook features an elegant black leather cover. The sturdy design ensures your journal will be well protected and have increased longetivity. It has 192 pages and the pages are 30% thicker than normal. The sheets are soft to write and sketch on. It is suited for most pen types except for fountain pen inks that are extremly wet. The acid-free paper resists damage from light and air. In addition to this, the paper protects your eyes from irritation, as there are no chemical additives. This notebook measures 5″X8.3″. The dots are spaced optimally at 5mm (0.2in), making it great for wide or compact handwriting. This bullet journal can easily be carried in a pocket or bag.
- DONT RUIN YOUR HARD WORK: Pens and markers glide across the ultra smooth ink proof 160gsm acid-free paper. Zero bleeding, ghosting and feathering for beautifully clean double-sided musings. Our journals have a Pen Test page so you don’t ruin all your hard work
- START ORGANIZING RIGHT AWAY: Bullet journaling should be fun which is why we’ve made our journal an overwhelm-free zone. Includes key code page, index pages, dotted numbered pages and 2 color coded bookmarks for optimal organization and stress-free set up
- WONT FALL APART: The silky yet sturdy faux leather cover protects your plans and ideas for years to come. Strong binding means even die hard journalers won’t have to worry about pages falling out from avid writing. Lay flat design for smoother writing
- PLAN YOUR LIFE WHEREVER YOU ARE: Journaling isn’t a hobby, it’s a lifestyle. This A5 journal is perfect for portability and best for travel so you can have it on you at all times. Pen holder means no more rummaging around in your bag when inspiration strikes
- JOIN THE COMMUNITY: You’re not just buying a cute Scribbles That Matters Journal Notebook - you’re joining a community. Scribblers are like-minded journal junkies who love to share tips and inspire others create something amazing!
If you’re shopping for a durable bullet journal that is easy to work with, the Dotted Journal by Scribbles That Matter is a great option. This bullet journal has a Pen Test page so that you don’t ruin the pages by using the wrong pen. You can use the Pen Test page as a guide to see which pen will work on the pages. It is easy to keep everything organized in this journal, as it includes a key code page, index pages, dotted numbered pages, and 2 color-coded bookmarks. The silky yet sturdy faux leather cover is durable and will last for years to come. In addition to having a durable cover, this bullet journal features strong binding, which means you won’t have to worry about your journal falling apart. It also lays flat so that you can easily write in your journal.
- NO-INK-BLEED THICK PAPER ... Extra thick 120 GSM paper with a light coating so pen & marker ink won’t seep through the page. Use both sides of Scrivwell Journal 208 pages
- 2 MARKER RIBBONS + POCKET ... Keep your place with 2 attached silky ribbon markers. An expandable back cover pocket stores business cards & receipts.
- VEGAN LEATHER HARDCOVER … Holds securely shut with a built in elastic strap. The 5.5 x 8.2 inch hardcover protects your notes from spills, drops, & provides a firm, quality feel.
- MINIMALIST JOURNAL | AGENDA | NOTES ... Dotted journal notebook for agendas, school notes, diary or journaling. Flips open completely flat for a solid writing surface.
- NEVER FORGET A GOOD IDEA ... Be ready when inspiration strikes! Keeping Scrivwell dotted hardcover journal means remembering your brilliant ideas.
This next bullet journal features 208 dotted pages of high quality 120 Grams per Square Meter paper. Scrivwell uses recyclable ivory writing paper. The paper is 25% to 41% thicker than other notebook manufacturers. The paper is smooth to the touch, making it easy to write on. This paper is suitable for most pens except the wettest inks and alcohol based markers. Measuring 5.5 x 8.2 inches, this bullet journal is small enough to fit easily in your backpack, purse, or travel bag, but large enough not to be easily misplaced. This product features an elastic closure, expandable folder in the back, and a page ribbon marker.
- Size: 5"X8.3"; A5; 192 Pages (96 Sheets); Page Layout: Dotted Grid ; Paper Weight: 100 gsm
- Premium Smooth PU leather Hard Cover with elastic closure and bookmark ribbon; Internal Accordion Pocket; Sturdy design ensures your journal will last for years to come
- Quality Paper - 100 gsm: Excellent for fountains pens and ink. No feathering and bleeding. Thick paper.Strong Binding: The pages don't get peeled away from the cover. Rounded case binding is holding the pages tight.
- We have Both "Ruled","Plain", "Dotted" and" Squared" Version, "A4", "A5", "B5", "A6"and "A7" Size,"Soft Leather Cover" and "Hard Leather Cover" .Please find them in our store.
- DESIGNED in San Francisco: Our team bring premium quality product at an affordable price from San Francisco. You may leave your heart in San Francisco, but don't leave without a notebook full of memory for your time.
The Classic Notebook Journal by Minimalism Art is another great bullet journal. The size of this bullet journal is 5″X8.3″, also measured as an A5. It has 192 Pages (96 Sheets) and the weight of the paper is 100 Grams per Square Meter. It features a PU leather hardcover with an elastic closure and bookmark ribbon. This bullet journal is great for fountain pens and pens with ink. You don’t have to worry about any feathering and bleeding. The binding is strong, so the pages don’t get peeled away from the cover.
- YOU'LL LOVE THIS BULLET GRID JOURNAL: This dot grid notebook comes with the luxury of high tier bullet grid journal at an affordable price. Clever Fox dotted journal opens flat due to its special thread bound design. It comes with a pen loop, 3 ribbons, stickers and elastic closure. The convenient expandable pocket in the back holds notes, receipts, business cards and your other small paper treasures
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT: Lightweight, portable and compact - 5.12" x 8.27" and only weighs 0.6 pounds. This dot grid notebook easily fits in your purse or messenger bag. It's slimmer and narrower than a standard planner. Its compact size and lightweight design allow you to carry it everywhere
- PREMIUM MATERIALS MAKE IT THE PERFECT DOTTED NOTEBOOK: Smooth to the touch 100% durable vegan (faux) leather 1.5mm hardcover. The no-bleed high quality 120 gsm recycled paper is 30% thicker than regular paper allowing you to use any marker, highlighter or pen with confidence that it won’t bleed through or ghost. 127 numbered dot grid pages inside.
- IMPROVED 4mm-SPACED DOT GRID: We found that 4mm spacing in-between dots makes your journaling more productive, and allows more control over your doodles, graphs and sketches. Try this and see the advantages yourself. Combine the advantages of lined pages, squares and blank pages
- GUARANTEE & RETURNS: Clever Fox bullet grid journal is guaranteed to work for you, or we will give you your money back with no questions asked! We will exchange or refund your item asap if you experience ANY TYPE of quality issue, or if for any reason you’re not completely satisfied with your Bullet Grid Journal. Simply reach out to us via an Amazon message for a hassle-free refund
The Clever Fox Dotted Notebook opens flat due to a special thread bound design. This bullet journal features a pen loop, three ribbons, stickers, and an elastic closure. The sticker sheet is for archiving and making labels. It is lightweight, portable, and compact, measuring only 5” x 8.25” and weighing only 0.6 pounds. The no-bleed quality thick 120 gsm paper can be used with any marker, highlighter, or pen. You don’t have to worry about bleeding or ghosting with this high-quality bullet journal. Featuring 127 dotted pages, this notebook combines the advantages of lined pages, squares, and blank pages.
- THE PERFECT BULLET DOTTED JOURNAL: 160 numbered pages with 5mm dotted grid. Book bound for durability and to lay flat. Stylish black vegan leather hard cover.
- DELUXE 120GSM PAPER TO RESIST BLEEDING & GHOSTING: The thickest paper available in a notebook on Amazon so it holds up well against most pens and markers. Fountain pen friendly.
- PACKED WITH FEATURES INCLUDING SLIPCASE FOR STORAGE: Built-in pen holder, inner pocket for storing bullet journaling supplies, ribbon and an elastic closure. PLUS a Slipcase (book sleeve) for storage and protection.
- BONUS 6 INCH RULER: For a limited time, we are including a bonus gift with purchase - a handy 6 inch ruler. Perfect gift for men and women.
- 12 MONTH GUARANTEE: Backed by our 12 month satisfaction guarantee so you can try it with no risk. Order now while stock lasts.
This dotted journal features 160 numbered pages with a 5mm dot grid. It is designed to lay flat and it has a stylish black faux leather hardcover. It is made of thick paper so that markers and pens don’t ruin it. This bullet journal features a built-in pen holder, inner pocket for storing bullet journaling supplies, ribbon, and an elastic closure. It also includes a slipcase (book sleeve) so that you can store your journal and protect it. Overall, this is a great bullet journal.
- CLASSIC MOLESKINE NOTEBOOK: Moleskine classic notebooks are perfect notebooks for writing journals, a daily diary, or note taking in college classes or meetings. Moleskine notebooks are beloved by travelers & bullet journalists for their slim design.
- DURABLE COVER & ELASTIC CLOSURE: Hold writing projects & notes in your Moleskine notebook with an elastic closure band & inner storage folders. Leather-like classic Moleskine cover & thick, ivory paper pages are perfect for writing with fountain pens.
- GIFT QUALITY NOTEBOOKS: Moleskine planners, journals and notebooks come in hardcover or softcover and colors like black, red, blue, green and brown. The binding and cover have a durable finish, designed for daily journaling, writing and sketching.
- DELUXE QUALITY PAGES: Moleskine's thick, ivory paper pages in a hardcover Moleskine notebook, softcover Moleskine notebook, cahier or volant journal, or Moleskine planner are perfectly textured for writing with a ballpoint pen, fountain pen, or pencil.
- MOLESKINE QUALITY: We're dedicated to culture, travel, memory, imagination, & personal identity—both physical & digital. We bring this commitment to our notebooks, bags, apps & smart pens & notebooks.
This bullet journal features an elastic closure band and inner storage folders. The inner storage folders are great for storing pens, markers, and more. The leather-like classic Moleskine cover and thick, ivory paper pages are very durable. They are great for fountain pens. Moleskine’s thick, ivory paper pages are perfectly textured for writing with a ballpoint pen, fountain pen, or pencil.
- A PERFECT BULLET JOURNAL– Want to be able to chronicle, plan, create and design on the go? We at Kogain have created the perfect portable and compact journal to be able to document ideas, thoughts and drawings wherever you go!
- PREMIUM, ULTRA-THICK PAPER – Rest easy knowing the 160 pages (80 sheets) of ultra-thick, 120gsm, high-quality paper is the premier writing and drawing surface in the industry. It lays flat at 180 degrees and will make a very stable place to write or draw! The dotted grids on each page will help you draw and write more effectively than typical lined paper.
- INNER STORAGE COMPARTMENT – The convenient storage pocket is a perfect place to store your pens, erasers, pencils and other gadgets so they are there for you when you need them. Made of cloth spliced material, it is ultra-durable and won’t split or tear. Never worry about losing your writing utensils again!
- SLEEK & MODERN DESIGN – This one-of-a-kind 5.8” x 8.5” bullet journal offers a minimalistic and elegant composition. It will give you a fashionable, professional and luxurious look on top of its high quality and convenient characteristics. You will be feeling and looking your best when carrying around this fashionable writing accessory!
This last bullet journal features 160 pages (80 sheets) of ultra-thick, 120gsm, high-quality paper. It lays flat at 180 degrees and will make a very stable place to write or draw. The dotted grids on each page will help you draw and write more effectively than typical lined paper. The convenient storage pocket is a perfect place to store your pens, erasers, markers, and pencils. This bullet journal measures 5.8” x 8.5”, making it compact and easy to travel with. All in all, this is one of the best bullet journal options available on the market.
Final Thoughts On The Best Bullet Journal
image source: Pexels
One of the newest journal trends is the bullet journal. A bullet journal is similar to regular notebooks, but instead of having lines, they have dots. Some bullet journals also have an index, numbered pages, and special color codes so that you can easily find the pages that you refer to most often. In this article, I went over the top ten best bullet journal options on the market. As you can see, there are many options available. Make sure to take your time when choosing the best bullet journal to fit your needs. Have fun using your bullet journal!