The last thing you want when traveling is to feel sick. While being sick is never fun, being sick while on vacation is simply miserable. In order for you to remain healthy on your trip, you may need to bring along certain medications and supplements. One such supplement you may want to travel with is probiotics. Probiotics help keep your gut healthy as you face germs each day at airports, unsafe water, and new environments that would otherwise cause you to get sick. In this article, we’ll take a look at the best probiotics for travel to consider purchasing. We’ll also take a closer look at why you should travel with probiotics, as well as considerations to keep in mind. Let’s get started!
Why Should I Travel With Probiotics?
So, why is it important to travel with probiotics? While you probably know that probiotics help prevent you from getting ill while traveling, you may be wondering what probiotics protect your body from. Before we go any further, it is important to understand that the majority of your immune cells are in your gastrointestinal system. Probiotics contain “good” bacteria, which can help get rid of and prevent “bad” bacteria from developing. Therefore, not only do probiotics help get rid of bacteria that can make you sick, but it will also prevent bad bacteria from developing in the first place. As a result, you won’t be sick as often. Now that y16ou know how probiotics work, it is time to take a look at the benefits of traveling with them.
1. Probiotics Help Your Body Fight Off Sicknesses
As I mentioned earlier, probiotics help your body fight off illnesses when traveling. It is common for people to get sick when traveling. First of all, airplanes and buses are often crowded with people, and many of those people may have the flu or a cold. The restrooms can also be dirty and not have soap for washing your hands, which increases the chance for you to get sick. Second, you probably won’t be getting as much sleep when traveling, which can cause your body to not function correctly and therefore promote illness. Thirdly, when you are traveling, you may eat new things and drink new water, which can sometimes cause you to become sick. But thanks to probiotics, you don’t have to worry about these things harming your body. Probiotics help your body stay healthy and function properly as you travel.
2. Probiotics Help Reduce the Severity Of Allergies
Some studies have found that probiotics can help reduce the severity of allergies. When traveling in new locations, it can be common for people to deal with allergies. But if you take probiotics, whether in the form of supplements or other foods, your allergies may not be quite as severe.
3. Probiotics Promote A Healthy Mind
Another reason why you should take probiotics is that they help your mind function correctly. Traveling can often cause a lot of stress on your body and cause your brain to not function correctly. Whether you’re on vacation or are traveling for work, probiotics will help promote a healthy mind and prevent you from dealing with brain fog.
4. Probiotics Help Keep You Hydrated
Dehydration is common, especially with those who travel. In order for you to stay hydrated, not only must you drink plenty of water, but you must also keep your gut healthy. That is why taking probiotics can be beneifal for you. The healthier your gut is, the more hydrated your body will become.
Things To Consider When Buying Probiotics
Image via Pexels
Just because all probiotics may look the same doesn’t mean they are the same. All probiotics are different, which is why it is important for you to carefully choose the right probiotics for you. Below, we’ll take a look at considerations to keep in mind when shopping for the best probiotics for travel.
1. How Many Strains Does It Have?
The first consideration to keep in mind is how many strains the probiotics have. Different strains of bacteria provide different benefits to the body. Multi-strain probiotics are considered better than single-strain probiotics, but you can decide what will work best for you. Also, try choosing a brand that sells probiotics with coded strains. Coded strains show that the company is able to track the exact origin of the strains that they use.
2. Is It Allergen-Free?
Another consideration to keep in mind is if the probiotics are allergen-free. Many advanced probiotics are free of GMOs and allergens like wheat, gluten, soy, peanut, dairy, tree nuts, sesame, corn, fish, eggs, sulphites, shellfish, and mustard. If you happen to be allergic to any of these ingredients, it is definitely worth considering ordering probiotics that are allergen-free. In addition to ordering allergen-free probiotics, you should always check the ingredient list to make sure you aren’t allergic to any of the ingredients.
3. Do You Need Vegan Probiotics?
Consider if you need to order probiotics that are vegan. Perhaps you are allergic to dairy products, or maybe you simply want to help the environment by not eating animal products. Either way, the good news is that there are a variety of probiotics available for you! Not only are there many vegan foods that you can eat that are a good source of probiotics, but there are also many vegan probiotic supplements available. Always make sure you look at the ingredient list to see if the probiotics contain animal products. Vegan probiotic supplements will usually be marked as vegan, but it is still a good idea to check the ingredient list.
Probiotic Foods To Eat When Traveling
In addition to taking probiotic supplements when traveling, you may also want to eat probiotic foods. There is a large variety of foods that are a good source of probiotics. Be careful with how many probiotics you eat though because eating too many probiotics can result in an upset stomach. So if you plan on eating probiotic foods, you may not need supplements or vice versa. With that being said, let’s take a look at the best probiotic foods to eat when traveling.
Image via Pexels
- Some cheese
- Dark chocolate
- Milk (Soy milk and regular milk)
- Olives in brine
Probiotic Foods To Eat When Traveling
Best Probiotics For Travel
Now that we have covered things to consider and other probiotic foods to eat, it is time to start shopping for the best probiotics for travel! Below, you’ll find a list of the best probiotics for travel. Remember to keep the considerations that I mentioned earlier in mind as you scroll through these options below. Let’s start shopping!
1. BioSchwartz Prebiotics for Advanced Gut Health – Immune System Booster & Dietary Fiber
- Clinically proven results- BioSchwartz advanced prebiotic contains a blend of PreforPro and PreticX prebiotic fibers that work better than inulin powder and other digestive enzymes to create your perfect microbiome. This allows for better absorption of nutrients and essential amino acids. Selective prebiotics support an increase of healthful bifidobacteria while inhibiting growth of undesirable microorganisms in the digestive tract.
- Supports digestive health- Bloating, diarrhea and other intestinal issues affect many every day. BioSchwartz advanced prebiotics works in both intestinal areas of the body and is efficacious within hours. This supplement nourishes the flora of the intestinal lining to help promote regularity and ease occasional discomfort such as gas and bloating. When used with BioSchwartz probiotics, they can promote good bacteria growth that supports overall digestive health to reduce these symptoms
- Healthy microbiome leads to healthier lives - A healthy gut can help with cholesterol and blood sugar levels while also giving a boost to your immune response. It can also help with overall mood boost and weight loss management
- Dairy & gluten free, no refrigeration required & made in USA - BioSchwartz’s unique prebiotics supplement is manufactured in the USA in a GMP, state-of-the-art facility. Every batch is third-party tested to ensure the ingredients are safe, pure and potent.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee - Feel more in balance with BioSchwartz advanced prebiotic or your money back, no questions asked
The BioSchwartz Advanced Prebiotic contains a blend of PreforPro and PreticX prebiotic fibers that work better than inulin powder and other digestive enzymes. This allows for better absorption of nutrients and essential amino acids. This probiotic supplement works to promote premium support for digestion. They promote good bacteria growth that supports overall digestive health to reduce symptoms of diarrhea, bloating, and other intestinal issues. This probiotic supplement nourishes the flora of the intestinal lining which helps keep your intestines healthy and prevent intestinal issues. Another nice feature about this probiotic supplement is that it is manufactured in the USA and is both dairy and gluten-free. All in all, this is a great probiotic supplement to try.
2. Dr. Tobias Deep Immune Probiotic – Plus Ultimate Prebiotic
- Formulated with 4.4 billion CFU spore-forming probiotics with added prebiotics. Contains DE111, a highly effective and clinically tested spore-forming strain that helps support the normal proliferation of beneficial gut bacteria
- Dr. Tobias is making the conscious effort to reduce its carbon footprint by eliminating our product boxes. Your package could arrive with a box or without but rest assured the product is authentic and Dr. Tobias made.
- Perfect probiotic and prebiotic for adults- supports healthy digestion, gut and probiotic immune system
- Designed with advanced technology, no refrigeration needed so you can get your probiotics wherever you need them
- Includes 60 vegetarian capsules, non-gmo and sourced from a GMP certified facility. Manufactured in the USA
This next probiotic supplement is made with advanced spore-forming strains that withstand stomach acid and release in the intestine for better absorption. These probiotics are made with built-in prebiotics, which is essential for your gut health and immune system. A nice feature of these probiotics is that they do not need refrigerated. When you’re traveling, it can be difficult to refrigerate items, so it is nice that these probiotics don’t need refrigerated. Overall, these are one of the best probiotics for travel.
3. Just Thrive: Probiotic & Antioxidant Supplement – 30 Day Supply
- SMARTER PROBIOTICS FOR ADULTS: Created for both men and women, Renew Life Everyday Probiotic has 15 billion potent cultures and 12 different strains to support digestive and immune health, plus delayed-release capsules for targeted delivery
- HIGH-QUALITY GUARANTEE: Renew Life is rated the number 1 probiotic brand in consumer satisfaction for 2018, guaranteeing quality, purity and potency through expiration. Made in the USA using only the highest quality global ingredients
- DIGESTIVE SUPPORT: Just one capsule a day helps restore digestive harmony and support immune health so your gut works smarter. Gluten free, dairy free and soy free
- IMMUNE HEALTH: Did you know your gut is home to 70% of your immune system. Everyday adult probiotics support both digestive health and immune health so you feel lighter, brighter and more energized to take on the day
- SHELF STABLE PROBIOTIC: Refrigeration recommended, but not required, so stick this probiotic supplement in the fridge only if you want to
The Just Thrive: Probiotic & Antioxidant Supplement – 30 Day Supply is another great option for those who travel. The four probiotic strains in Just Thrive are hand-picked for their ability to provide powerful digestive support, increase nutrient absorption, and help restore a balanced intestinal flora. This formula works to remove pathogens and bad bacteria, while also allowing the good bacteria to thrive. But that’s not all. Just Thrive is manufactured in a high-quality, US GMP facility and is all-natural, non-GMO, free from soy, dairy, sugar, salt, corn, tree nuts, and gluten. Therefore, this is a great option for those who are allergic to these ingredients or who are vegan. If you aren’t satisfied with your purchase, Just Thrive provides a 30-day, Bottom of the Bottle guarantee. All in all, this probiotic supplement is a great option for you.
4. Renew Life Adult Probiotic – Ultimate Flora Everyday Probiotic
- 1000X SURVIVABILITY: Probiotics only help restore healthy microbiome balance in your gut if they make it there! Our 100% spore-based probiotic formula has 1000x enhanced survivability, meaning it survives the harsh stomach environment and delivers powerful antioxidants and probiotics where you need them!
- DELIVERS BENEFICIAL ANTIOXIDANTS: Our proprietary blend contains a patented strain called Bacillus indicus HU36, which produces antioxidants in the gut, where they can be best absorbed by your body.
- SUPPORTS OPTIMUM GUT MICROBIOME BALANCE: The four probiotic strains are hand-picked for their ability to survive, provide powerful digestive support, support nutrient absorption, and help restore a balanced intestinal flora.
- HELPS RECONDITION THE GUT: Like a garden, your gut needs tender loving care. This formula works to remove harmful microorganisms, allowing the good ones to grow and thrive, and overall supporting the health of your whole body.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Just Thrive is passionate about good health, and we ensure the integrity and quality of our products. That’s why we’re proud to stand behind every sale with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
The Renew Life Adult Probiotic – Ultimate Flora Everyday Probiotic is designed with a potent formula to help promote digestive and immune health in both men and women. When taken regularly, this probiotic supplement can also help support digestive system balance. This probiotic supplement is designed with 15 billion live cultures from 12 probiotic strains. Another benefit of this probiotic supplement is that it is dairy and gluten free. Therefore, this is a great option for those who are vegan or allergic to dairy and gluten. Note that refrigeration is recommended but not required. Overall, this is one of the best probiotics for travel.
5. Garden of Life Whole Food Probiotic Supplement
- WORLD CLASS STRAINS BACKED BY SCIENCE: Probiotics formulated by an expert team: neuroscientists, microbiologists, chemists and researchers, with the number 1 Dr. Preferred Probiotic Strain for Respiratory Health; Package may vary
- MORE CLINICALLY STUDIED STRAINS: Renew Life Ultimate Flora Everyday 15 Billion CFU Probiotic, for men and women, has more clinically studied strains than the leading brand, satisfaction guaranteed
- DIGESTIVE AND IMMUNE SUPPORT FOR ADULTS: This probiotic supplement supports digestive and immune health with 15 billion live cultures from 12 different probiotic strains, in a smaller, easier-to-swallow capsule
- NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED: This daily probiotic for women and probiotic for men contains a blend of 12 different strains, including the number 1 most studied strain; Gluten free, dairy free, soy free and Non-GMO Project Verified
The Garden of Life Whole Food Probiotic Supplement contains Lactobaccilus acidophilus, Bifidobacteria, and other strains that support a healthy digestive system. This dietary supplement has twelve beneficial strains for immune system health. In addition to this, this supplement is whole food, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Therefore, this is a great option for vegans and those who are allergic to gluten.
6. Island’s Miracle Probiotics 30 Billion CFU With 18 Strains Patented Delayed Release Capsules Probiotic Supplement
- 20x More Effective Than Tablets And Pearls which get partially digested in the stomach and kill the bacteria before it can reach the intestines where it does it’s work. Vita Miracle patented Probiotics Supplements allow the live culture probiotics to live past the harsh stomach acid and into the intestines where they can thrive
- Guaranteed Shelf Life Plus The Best Probiotics Supplement On Amazon With 18 Strains of (Good Guy) Bacteria (Almost twice the # of strains and 2 to 6 times the number of cfu's over the nearest competitors mens or womens probiotic) - Our highest potency probiotics for women men teens and kids is the most complete probiotics pills with prebiotics on Amazon or anywhere
- Improve Your Overall health - Most Womens Probiotics with prebiotic don't address Poor overall Health, immune system, and low energy levels due to the gut not absorbing nutrition essentials like vitamins and minerals properly into your body. ULTRA-30 Probiotics For Men - will improve both mens and womens gut health and allow you to get back to your happy energetic self
- Probiotic Supplements Taken Daily Can Help You Feel Better - Now when you take perfect pro biotics supplements it can help digestion and GI tract function to reduce gas, constipation, and ibs. New studies available in America have shown that improvement in your gut function may help improve digestion
- Made In The USA In A CGMP Facility - Non-GMO Vegan Gluten Free Dairy Free
The Island’s Miracle Probiotics is packed with ingredients that improve digestion, such as B. infantis and S. thermophilus. These ingredients also enhance immunity, prevent kidney stones, increase HDL (good cholesterol), and encourage anti-tumor activity. These probiotics contain prebiotics, which are plant fibers that promote the growth of the good bacteria in your colon, which, in turn, promotes a healthy gut and digestive system. This probiotic supplement is 100% natural and does not contain any additives or chemicals.
7. Berkshire Biotechnologies Tough Tummies Chewable Probiotics – for Kids and Adults
No products found.
Looking for probiotics that are safe for kids, as well as adults? Check out these Tough Tummies Chewable Probiotics. They are made in the USA in a recognized GMP and FDA certified lab. With a berry flavor that is made of natural flavoring and natural coloring, these probiotics are perfect for people of all ages. There are 15 billion CFU (colony-forming unit) per tablet and 7 probiotic strains. No refrigeration is required, making these chewable probiotics a great option for travelers. Overall, these are one of the best probiotics for travel, as they don’t need refrigerated and they are kid-friendly.
8. Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics, Original Formula, 60 Caps with Bonus 10 Capsule Travel Pack
- ✅ NOT ARTIFICIALLY GROWN IN A LAB: Subpar brands cut corners by growing their bacteria in a lab with only 1 food source. Dr Ohhira knows better. Dr.Ohhira's feeds his good probiotics dozens of different fruits and veggies. This makes healthier, happier, probiotics that live longer.
- ✅ NO REFRIGERATION PROBIOTICS: These are the ONLY probiotics we know of that are grown at room temperature that varies with the seasons. This makes for stronger bacteria that stay alive when shipped to you in the heat and the cold. No refrigeration is ever needed. Shelf Stable. Buy the stronger choice. They might cost more, but you get what you pay for.
- ✅ NOT FREEZE DRIED: Many brands to do which kills that bacteria. Not Dr Ohhira! These are active, living probiotics in a breathable capsule that allows oxygen in and out. Each capsule contains healthy veggies for the probiotic bacteria so they can stay alive for years on the shelf.
- ✅ HIGH QUALITY PROBIOTICS: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Non GMO with lactobacillus acidophilus, l bulgaricus, casei, and plantarum. 100% Vegetarian. Soy Free. No artificial additives, chemicals, or preservatives in these Essential Formulas Probiotics for Women, Men, and Kids.
- ✅ MORE STRAINS are more important than 50 billion CFUs with only 4 strains. Yes, Dr Ohhiras 'only' has 900m CFUs but because they have 12 strains, they are much more potent and last longer in your gut, giving you the best probiotics for gut health.
If you’re shopping for the best probiotics for travel, look no further than these probiotics. They are designed specifically for travelers like you. No refrigeration is required because the ferments were grown at room temperatures that varied with the seasons. Therefore, they stay active even in hot weather. These probiotics have 12 strains, which has been proven to be better than 4-strain brands. Not only are these probiotics travel-friendly, but they are also natural and allergen-free. They are vegetarian, non-GMO, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, free of artificial additives, free of chemicals, and free of preservatives in these Essential Formulas Probiotics. They are made with whole foods, including superfruits, vegetables, mushrooms, and seaweed. These ingredients with 12 probiotic strains must go through a 3-year fermentation process. During the 3-year fermentation process, these strains learn to live together and produce postbiotic metabolites.
9. Genestra Brands – HMF Travel – Shelf Stable Probiotics to Support Gastrointestinal Health When Travelling – 30 Capsules
- Gastrointestinal Support: Probiotics to support gastrointestinal health when travelling, and maintain healthy gastrointestinal microflora.*
- Shelf Stable: This formula is shelf stable and does not require refrigeration to maintain culture viability.
- Control Gut Permeability: Probiotics reinforce the epithelial barrier and mediate intestinal permeability by controlling the integrity of tight junctions.*
- Genestra Brands is a leading-edge line of professional grade nutraceuticals that has helped people restore, rebuild and maintain their health for 30 years.*
These probiotics provide 35 billion CFU per day. It includes Saccharomyces boulardii, as well as four proprietary probiotic strains. The capsules are made from 100% pure vegetable sources, making them a great option for vegans. These probiotics are also free of preservatives and additives. They are guaranteed to contain no added wheat, gluten, soy, artificial coloring or flavoring, or antimicrobial preservatives.
10. Dr. Matthew’s Best Probiotics for Women, Men, & Teens
- ENJOY A HEALTHIER & MORE RESISTANT GUT: This doctor formulated clinical-strength supplement of 15 strains of probiotics provides the diversity, synergy & volume needed to replenish the beneficial gut flora for optimal health in your intestines after stress, intense exercise, travel, poor diet or antibiotics. With prebiotic fiber from Kiwi superfruit, proven to nourish only the probiotics and not feed the bad guys, like inulin/FOS. Supports immune defense in adults, teens, athletes & seniors.
- YOU GET 15X MORE ALIVE BACTERIA compared to our competitors. This is because we use BIO-tract technology which protects the probiotics on their journey to your intestinal tract, delivering 15X more ALIVE bacteria. Hence, when you take 1 serving of our 15 Billion CFU, it’s similar to taking 225CFU of a competitor. Give your immune & digestive system a real boost! Great for gas relief, bloating relief, constipation, lactose intolerance, leaky gut. Promotes regularity & weight loss.
- BEST PROBIOTICS FOR ADULTS: Our Acidophilus probiotic with organic prebiotics and enzymes includes 15 clinically researched strains. Enjoy better nutrient absorption, vitamins production, more energy, less fatigue, healthier skin, and better mood. Time release delivers benefits all day long throughout your whole gut, not just the upper GI tract. Acid resistant pills. Once daily.
- CONTAINS ONLY HUMAN STRAINS: The human origin of all 15 strains ensures that not only they adhere onto the intestinal epithelium but also colonize and thrive in your gut because this is their natural environment. Other brands contain soil based strains that are not part of healthy humans microbiota, with questionable benefits & safety. Our full spectrum, multi strain pro biotic complex is the ultimate male and female probiotics formula. Easy to swallow. Mood boosting. Top rated.
- GUARANTEED POTENCY UNTIL EXPIRATION DATE, not at time of manufacture like other brands. We use patented technology and stability testing data to ensure long shelf life and viability of the probiotics until expiration. Non-refrigerated, vegetarian, lactose free, gluten free. Non-GMO. No artificial colors, preservatives or fillers. Delivered in the form of caplets, not capsules (which are chemically coated). Made in the USA in a strict GMP and NSF certified lab. Shelf-stable. Money back guarantee.
This probiotic supplement supports the immune system in teens, adults, athletes, and seniors. It helps to reduce a leaky gut, infection, inflammation, gas, bloating, constipation, bacterial vaginosis BV, lactose intolerance, allergy, diarrhea, IBS, eczema, candida yeast overgrowth, colitis, depression, and anxiety. In addition to this, these probiotics can promote weight loss. This probiotic supplement has 15 strains of Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria, as well as 15 billion CFU. Made with prebiotic fiber from Kiwi superfruit, this supplement has been proven to nourish only the good bacteria in your gut. All in all, this is a great product to try if you are traveling.
Final Thoughts On the Best Probiotics For Travel
Image via Pexels
Well, there you have it. A complete guide to the best probiotics for travel. I hope this article has helped you find the best probiotics for you. When you’re traveling, you face millions of germs in restrooms, unsafe water, new foods, and people who are sick. Probiotics can help keep your gut healthy, which, in turn, will prevent you from getting sick as you travel. Happy traveling!
Featured Image via Pexels
Last update on 2021-09-25 at 23:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API