If you’re anything like us, you’re spending your summer hiking in the great outdoors. To protect your feet, add these best hiking socks to your must-have list.
Wondering what to wear when you go hiking? You can’t overhype the best hiking socks. To keep your feet comfortable and dry when you’re exploring, they are so essential. If you’ve ever found yourself with wet, cold feet or blisters on a hike, you swear you’d bring the right gear next time. When your toes (and nearly everything else) go numb after a two-hour hike in the Austrian Alps, you’ll swear off being cheap and invest in the right gear. We did and we’ve got to say we are never going back.
Most of these picks are made primarily with merino wool, which has become the standard bearer in socks and just performance apparel in general these days.
1. Pembrooke All Season Crew Boot Socks (4 Pairs)
Are you looking for the best hiking socks for all seasons? Well look no further. Pembrook has just the thing. What makes these socks stand out from the rest? There are so many things! They Feature reinforced toes and insoles, ensuring that the socks will live up to the rugged action at work or play. Made from an optimum blend of cotton, synthetic fibers and elastic, they’re designed for maximum performance and durability. An advanced yarn blend resists odors to keep you smelling as good as you’ll look.
They’re also versatile – Great for any season. Keep your feet warm toasty and warm during winter activities like skiing, snowboarding, and even extreme cold in a remote snowy cabin. But due to the material blend, these socks are also great for year around camping, hunting, hiking, outdoor work, various athletic pursuits or simply daily wear.
Quality counts too. Loyal customers love these socks and we’re confident that they will find a home among your favorite gear. They’re designed to last. Pembrook socks are easy to care for, so you can rest assured that your socks will survive the wear and tear of everyday life. The socks are durable, machine washable, and sturdy, so that your money goes a long, long way.
- Design: Features reinforced toes and insoles, guaranteeing that the socks will live up to the rugged action at work or play. But let’s be honest, they’ll also work for a trip to the store or just sitting on your couch watching the game.
- Performance Blend: At Pembrooke, they like to ensure that customers are provided with the best kind of comfort that socks can offer. These premium socks are made from an optimum blend of cotton, synthetic fibers and elastic, for maximum performance and durability. Our advanced yarn blend resists odors to keep you smelling as good as you’ll look.
- Versatile: Great for any season. Keep your feet warm toasty and warm during winter activities like skiing, snowboarding, and even extreme cold in a remote snowy cabin. But due to the material blend, these socks are also great for year around camping, hunting, hiking, outdoor work, various athletic pursuits or simply daily wear.
- checkQuality: The premium crew socks are guaranteed to be 100% comfortable!
- checkDesigned to Last: Pembrook socks are easy to care for, so you can rest assured that your socks will survive the wear and tear of everyday life. Our socks are durable, machine washable, and sturdy, so that your money goes a long, long way.
2. Danish Endurance Merino Wool Hiking Socks
Elevate your outdoor performance with the Danish Endurance Merino Wool Hiking Socks. The merino wool is made to keep your feet cozy in the winter and fresh and cool in the summer. An exclusive performance blend pulls moisture away from your feet, keeping you dry. Targeted ventilation zones create a constant airflow.
Being padded from heel to toe, the socks absorb jarring shocks and minimize chafing. These are some of the best hiking socks on the market. Merino wool keeps your feet fresh and cool in the Summer and warm in the Winter. The Exclusive Merino Wool Blend wicks away sweat and lets it evaporate fast, so your feet will stay comfortably dry. The targeted ventilation mesh zones allow a constant airflow and through the padding from heel to toe the socks absorb jarring shocks and the full cushion minimize chafing.
- Materials: 33% Merino Wool, 33% Acrylic, 33% Polyamide, 1% Elastane
- Unique Design: Merino Wool Hiking and Trekking Socks are designed and developed in cooperation with Danish Adventurer and Former Navy Seal Erik B. Jørgensen to ensure that you get the absolute hiking sock on the market. The look is very fashionable, and the features are unmatched. Absolutely perfect if you are hiking, trekking, walking, skiing, backpacking, travelling during winter, spring, summer and fall.
- Always Designed and Manufactured in Europe: We do not believe in cheap Chinese socks in poor quality created under poor working conditions. Danish Endurance hiking socks are always produced in Europe so the high quality stitching guarantees amazing comfort and enables you to buy and wear socks with a good conscience.
- checkThe Best Socks: These socks with natural antibacterial properties for keeping your feet dry, warm and comfortable during hiking, trekking, long walks, ski or if you just need a nice pair of everyday socks. Choose between 3-Pack or 1-Pack and spoil yourself, family or friends with these socks which are the perfect gift idea for old and young.
- check100% Risk-Free Satisfaction Guarantee: With superior customer service and 100% money back guarantee, this company does their utmost to deliver an excellent customer service and we are always there to support you. Add these great, stylish and fashionable merino wool socks to your cart and become a Danish Endurance fan like thousands of people worldwide.
3. SB Sox Compression Foot Sleeves for Men and Women
Improve your mobility and gain all the support you need. If you’re prone to aches and pains when you hike, these compression foot sleeves are among the best hiking socks on the market. The compression support that provides the maximum boost to your blood circulation. Better oxygen circulation helps reduce lactic acid build up and aids muscle recovery in ankle and feet, including your heel and arch.
The medical grade, FDA-registered compression foot sleeves are recommended by doctors and preferred by trainers. The targeted ribbing arch support provides unmatched comfort and pain relief for your feet. We carefully designed and manufactured our compression foot sleeves to provide premium support, comfort, and relief without compromising your mobility. Form fitting, lightweight, and breathable fabric features maintain joint stability regardless of activity.
- Best Fit and Comfort: Available in 4 different sizes to ensure you receive the focused support that you need. Wear with sandals, shoes, boot with insoles, slippers, and under any socks. Designed with lightweight, durable, and breathable fabric – especially great if you are on your feet for long periods of time. The anti-odor and anti-static fabric stops the growth of bacteria and fungus, while wicking moisture/sweat away from your feet – keeping you dry!
- You Feet Won’t Be As Tired: We spend so much time on our feet yet tend to neglect our feet. Why settle for anything less than fast pain relief at a great value? And while you are at it, grab a few pairs for your family, friends, or loved ones as a gift that is functional and beneficial to their health! Also, a great gift to runners, athletes, fitness workouts, hiking, tennis, cycling, office workers, airplane travelers, or anyone on their feet all day!
- Purchase the Right Size: For the best fit, we recommend that you do the following two steps prior to purchasing the foot sleeves: (1) measure your arch circumference and (2) then select your size using the 3rd image in the listing. This minimizes the incorrect size being ordered, especially since the foot sleeves are able to fit a wide range of foot sizes (arch circumferences) within the size chart. They have also provided shoe size as a general guide.
4. Pembrooke Wool Sport Socks (4-Pack)
Featuring a technical cushion, venting, and support features, these socks offer venting and support features. Reinforced toes and insoles guarantee that the socks will live up to the rugged action in the remote snowy wilderness. But let’s be honest, they’ll also work for a trip to the store or just sitting on your couch watching the game. These are some of the best hiking socks on the market.
- Versatile: Great for any season. Due to the material blend, these socks are great for year-round camping, hunting, hiking, running, outdoor work, various athletic pursuits or simply daily wear. They will also keep your feet warm toasty and warm during winter activities like skiing, snowboarding, and even extreme cold in a remote snowy cabin.
- Quality: These fluffy and thick socks are guaranteed to be 100% comfortable!
- Designed to Last: Pembrook socks are easy to care for, so you can rest assured that your socks will survive the wear and tear of everyday life. For best results, simply turn them inside out, machine wash in cold water and let air dry. These woolen socks are durable, machine washable, and sturdy, so that your money goes a long, long way.
- checkMerino Wool: These premium socks are made from an optimum blend of 60% merino wool, 10% elastic, 15% acrylic and 15% nylon, for maximum performance and durability. Socks with higher wool content don’t wash well and lose their shape quickly.
5. Darn Tough Vermont Men’s Merino Wool Micro Crew Sock Cushion Socks
Have you heard about this company? Darn Tough has quickly become an industry leader in the outdoor apparel industry. It’s all in the name. They offer some of the best hiking socks on the market and the Vermont Micro Crew Sock is pretty close to perfection. It features a cozy seamless construction, high quality merino wool, and a lifetime warranty to back it all up.
High density knitting creates excellent padding and breathability for any outdoor activity. The fit is very comfortable and there isn’t too much elastic around the arch. So, you won’t have any annoying bunching going on behind the scenes. Of course, no socks are perfect though. The extra cushioning can add a little extra unwanted heat on a warmer day.
- Knitting: High density knitting comes together to create a strong and desirable combo. The material is made from merino wool, nylon, and lycra spandex
- Made in USA: Darn Tough is based in Vermont and their products are manufactured close to home.
- Support: From day hikes to Denali this is a go-to sock for hikers seeking comfort, performance and style; cushioning along the bottom of the foot provides the perfect amount of support
- checkFine Gauge Knitting: Unprecedented durability and our unique put it on, forget its on feel
- checkFast Action Wicking: Pulls moisture away from skin. Fast drying
- checkNaturally Antimicrobial: Repels bacteria and odor
6. Darn Tough Vermont Men’s 1/4 Merino Wool Cushion Hiking Socks
For those of you who love to move fast and light on their feet, we’ve picked these out. As some of the best hiking socks on the market, you get all of the comfort you need. You also get the moisture wicking properties and odor protection from these crew socks.
The best part is you won’t have all that extra material holding you back. While it’s true they aren’t quite tall enough to wear with hiking boots, they would pair well with hiking sandals or a great pair of ankle-height hiking shoes. There’s a reason why these socks are popular with high-mileage hikers and serious outdoors people. They get the job done. Now this sounds like a design we can get behind.
Great Material Combination: 61% Merino Wool/37% Nylon/2% Lycra Spandex
- Quality You Can Count On: Made in the US
- Durable Construction: Constructed from fine gauge Merino wool which is naturally antimicrobial and antibacterial
- checkLegendary performance: A great fit with solid cushioning along the bottom of the foot offers comfort without the bulk
- checkTrue Seamless construction provides a smooth performance fit; no slipping, no bunching, and no blisters
Invest in the Best Hiking Socks for Your Next Big Adventure
Take it from us. Invest in the best hiking socks. When you’re exploring the great outdoors, you can’t skip out on quality. It counts. Having the right gear will not only help you feel more comfortable, but it also improves athletic performance. Our choices run the spectrum of styles and prices but all offer durable construction from the top brands on the market. Which style did you like best? Let us know in the comment section below. In addition, if you have any favorite style and brands for hiking socks, we would love to hear them.
Questions and Comments
Do you have any questions or comments for us about the best hiking socks? If so, we would love to hear them. Feel free to leave a message for us below. We will be sure to get back with you soon.
Related Article: Best Hiking Sandals For Your Adventures